lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Salman Akram <salman.ak...@northbaysolutions.net>
Subject Master - Master / Upgrading a slave to master
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 03:54:17 GMT
We have a redundant data center in case the primary goes down. Currently we
have 1 master and multiple slaves on primary data center. This master also
replicates to a slave in secondary data center. So if the primary goes down
at least the read only part works. However, now we want writes to work on
secondary data center too when primary goes down.

- Is it possible in SOLR to have Master - Master?
- If not then what's the best strategy to upgrade a slave to master?
- Naturally there would be some latency due to data centers being in
different geographical locations so what are the normal data issues and
best practices in case primary goes down? We would also like to shift back
to primary as soon as its back.

Thanks!

--
Regards,