lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SolrJ : fieldcontent from (multiple) file(s)
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:12:27 GMT
Do you just care about document content? Not metadata, such as file
name, date, author, etc?

Does it have to be push into Solr or can be pull? If pull,
DataImportHandler should be able to do what you want with nested
entities design.

Regards,
   Alex.
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

On 12 September 2014 06:53, Clemens Wyss DEV <clemensdev@mysign.ch> wrote:
> Looks like I haven't finished " I know"
> I know I could extract the content on our server's side, but I'd really like to take
that burden of it.
> That said:
> Can I hand in the path-to-the-file in a "specific field" which would yield an extraction
in Solr?

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

using Lucene as-is and now intend to go for Solr.

> Say I have a document which in one field should have the content of  a file (indexed
only, not stored), in order to make the document searchable due to the file's content. I know