lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez <jlbetanco...@uci.cu>
Subject Changed behavior in solr 4 ??
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:02:12 GMT
Hi:

I’m trying to change the default configuration for the query component of a SearchHandler,
basically I want to set a default value to the rows parameters and that this value be shared
by all my SearchHandlers, as stated on the solrconfig.xml comments, this could be accomplished
redeclaring the query search component, however this is not working on solr 4.9.0 which is
the version I’m using, this is my configuration:

    <searchComponent name="query"     class="solr.QueryComponent">
        <lst name="defaults">
            <int name="rows">1</int>
        </lst>
    </searchComponent>

The relevant portion of the solrconfig.xml comment is: "If you register a searchComponent
to one of the standard names,  will be used instead of the default.” so is this a new desired
behavior?? although just for testing a redefined the components of the request handler to
only use the query component and not to use all the default components, this is how it looks:

<requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler”>
<arr name="components">
            <str>query</str>
</arr>
</requestHandler>

Everything works ok but the the rows parameter is not used, although I’m not specifying
the rows parameter on the URL.

Regards,Concurso "Mi selfie por los 5". Detalles en http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com