lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss DEV <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject Solr(j) API for manipulating the schema(.xml)?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:28:55 GMT
Is there an API to manipulate/consolidate the schema(.xml) of a Solr-core? Through SolrJ?

Context:
We already have a generic indexing/searching framework (based on lucene) where any component
can act as a so called IndexDataPorvider. This provider delivers the field-types and also
the entities to be (converted into documents and then) indexed. Each of these IndexProviders
has ist own lucene index.
So we kind of have the information for the Solr schema.xml.

Hope the intention is clear. And yes the manipulation of the schema.xml is basically only
needed when the field types change. Thats why I am looking for a way to consolidate the schema.xml
(upon boot, initialization oft he IndexDataProviders ...).
In 99,999% it won't change, But I'd like to keep the possibility of an IndexDataProvider to
hand in "its schema".

Also, again driven by the dynamic nature of our framework, can I easily create new cores over
Sorj or the Solr-REST API ?