lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez <jlbetanco...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Solr(j) API for manipulating the schema(.xml)?
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2014 04:34:46 GMT
Basically you could create a bunch of dynamic fields (according to your needs) so basically
creating a dynamic field for each type of data (and several combinations) and then you can
create a small wrapper around Solrj that will wrap the patterns defined on your schema.xml
in a more understandable way. Like this you will be able to abstract the manipulation of the
schema.xml file and only introduce it when is really needed i.e a new field type with new
analyzers, etc.

On Sep 18, 2014, at 3:16 AM, Clemens Wyss DEV <clemensdev@mysign.ch> wrote:

> as our framework so far only knows a few field types "dynamic field"s may be the way
to go... And if there are new fieldtypes the new schema can be distributed through ZooKeeper

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

In the SolrCloud world, you can upload the schema to ZooKeeper and have it automatically distributed
to all the nodes though.

> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 2:28 AM, Clemens Wyss DEV <clemensdev@mysign.ch> wrote:
>> Is there an API to manipulate/consolidate the schema(.xml) of a Solr-core? Through
SolrJ?

>> Context:
>> We already have a generic indexing/searching framework (based on lucene) where any
component can act as a so called IndexDataPorvider. This provider delivers the field-types
and also the entities to be (converted into documents and then) indexed. Each of these IndexProviders
has ist own lucene index.
>> So we kind of have the information for the Solr schema.xml.
>>
>> Hope the intention is clear. And yes the manipulation of the schema.xml is basically
only needed when the field types change. Thats why I am looking for a way to consolidate the
schema.xml (upon boot, initialization oft he IndexDataProviders ...).
>> In 99,999% it won't change, But I'd like to keep the possibility of an IndexDataProvider
to hand in "its schema".

>> Also, again driven by the dynamic nature of our framework, can I easily create new
cores over Sorj or the Solr-REST API ?

Concurso "Mi selfie por los 5". Detalles en http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com