lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Guido Medina <guido.med...@temetra.com>
Subject Re: AW: slorj -> httpclient 4, but we already have httpclient 3 in use
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:45:35 GMT
Hi Clemens,

If you are going thru the effort of migrating from SolrJ 3 to 4 and HTTP
client 3 to 4 make sure you do it using HTTP client 4.3.x (Latest is
4.3.5) since there are deprecations and stuff from 3.x to 4.0.x, to
4.1.x, to ..., to 4.3.x

It will be painful but it is better do it one time and not later needed
to do it again. I was on a similar situation (well my company) and I had
to suffer such migration (not my company but myself since I'm the one
that keeps all those things up to date)

Best regards,

Guido.

On 18/09/14 16:14, Clemens Wyss DEV wrote:
> I guess you are right ;)
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

library is loaded - might work on your local box but not on the production server or might
change to a change in the project

> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>

> On 18.09.14 15:08, Clemens Wyss DEV wrote:
>> I doing initial steps with solrj which is based on httpclient 4. Unfortunately parts
of our framework are based on httpclient 3.