lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lee Chunki <lck7...@coupang.com>
Subject Re: external indexer for Solr Cloud
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 00:55:33 GMT
Hi Shawn and Jack,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I want to run data import hander independently and sync it to Solr Cloud.
because current my DIH node do not only DB fetch & join but also many preprocessing.

Thanks,
Chunki.

On Aug 30, 2014, at 1:34 AM, Jack Krupansky <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:

> My other thought was that maybe he wants to do index updates outside of the cluster that
is handling queries, and then copy in the completed index. Or... maybe take replicas out of
the query rotation while they are updated. Or... maybe this is yet another X-Y problem!

> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Shawn Heisey
> Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 11:19 AM
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: external indexer for Solr Cloud
>
> On 8/29/2014 5:21 AM, Lee Chunki wrote:
>> Is there any way to run external indexer for solar cloud?
>
> Jack asked an excellent question.  What do you mean by this?  Unless
> you're using the dataimport handler, all indexing is external to Solr.
>
>> my situation is :
>>
>> * running two indexer ( for fail over ) and two searcher.
>> * just use two searcher for service.
>> * have plan to move on Solr Cloud
>>
>> however I wonder that if I run indexing job on one of the solr cloud server, the
server’s load would be higher than other nodes.