lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.0
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:45:14 GMT
Hi All,

We at Lucidworks are pleased to announce the release of Lucidworks Fusion 1.0.   Fusion is
built to overlay on top of Solr (in fact, you can manage multiple Solr clusters -- think QA,
staging and production -- all from our Admin).    In other words, if you already have Solr,
simply point Fusion at your instance and get all kinds of goodies like Banana (https://github.com/LucidWorks/Banana
-- our port of Kibana to Solr + a number of extensions that Kibana doesn't have), collaborative
filtering style recommendations (without the need for Hadoop or Mahout!), a modern signal
capture framework, analytics, NLP integration, Boosting/Blocking and other relevance tools,
flexible index and query time pipelines as well as a myriad of connectors ranging from Twitter
to web crawling to Sharepoint.  The best part of all this?  It all leverages the infrastructure
that you know and love: Solr.  Want recommendations?  Deploy more Solr.  Want log analytics?
 Deploy more Solr.  Want to track important system metrics?  Deploy more Solr.

Fusion represents our commitment as a company to continue to contribute a large quantity of
enhancements to the core of Solr while complementing and extending those capabilities with
value adds that integrate a number of 3rd party (e.g connectors) and home grown capabilities
like an all new, responsive UI built in AngularJS.  Fusion is not a fork of Solr.  We do not
hide Solr in any way.  In fact, our goal is that your existing applications will work out
of the box with Fusion, allowing you to take advantage of new capabilities w/o overhauling
your existing application.

If you want to learn more, please feel free to join our technical webinar on October 2: http://lucidworks.com/blog/say-hello-to-lucidworks-fusion/.
 If you'd like to download: http://lucidworks.com/product/fusion/.

Cheers,