lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)" <external.Ravi.Tamin...@us.bosch.com>
Subject Strange Behavior
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:31:30 GMT
Hi , I have a field type text_general where query type for worddelimiter I am using the below
type: where wddftype.txt contains "- DIGIT"

When I do a query I am not getting the right results. E.g. Name:"Wi-Fi"  Gets results but
Name:"Wi-Fi Devices Make" not getting any results
but if I change it to Name:"Wi-Fi Devices Make"~3 it works.

If someone can explain what is happening with the current situation..? FYI I have the types="wdfftypes.txt"
in Query Analyzer.

My Fieldtype

<fieldType name="text_general" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">

                <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory" />

                <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="stopwords.txt"
/>

                <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>

                <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="0"
splitOnCaseChange="0"
                             splitOnNumerics="0" stemEnglishPossessive="0" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1"
                             catenateAll="1" preserveOriginal="1" />

                <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true"
expand="true"/>

         </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">

                <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory" />

                <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="stopwords.txt"
/>

                <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>

                 <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="0" splitOnCaseChange="0"
                             splitOnNumerics="0" stemEnglishPossessive="0" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1"
                             catenateAll="1" preserveOriginal="1" types="wdfftypes.txt" />
                <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true"
expand="true"/>

         </analyzer>
    </fieldType>