lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I use multiple cores
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:26:49 GMT
You really can't tell until you prototype and measure. Here's a long
blog on why what you're asking, although a reasonable request,
is just about impossible to answer without prototyping and measuring.

http://searchhub.org/2012/07/23/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

Best,
Erick