lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr over hdfs for accessing/ changing indexes outside solr
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 19:58:09 GMT
What you haven't told us is what you mean by "modify the
index outside Solr". SolrJ? Using raw Lucene? Trying to modify
things by writing your own codec? Standard Java I/O operations?
Other?

You could use SolrJ to connect to an existing Solr server and
both read and modify at will form your M/R jobs. But if you're
thinking of trying to write/modify the segment files by raw I/O
operations, good luck! I'm 99.99% certain that's going to cause
you endless grief.

Best,
Erick