lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Bostic, Alex" <alex.bos...@urs.com>
Subject RE: Indexing and Querying MS SQL Server 2012 Spatial
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2014 18:27:14 GMT
Thanks I will try for a correct install. I have many other fields that are indexing fine,
I will inspect for further errors and use DIH debug mode. I will also create a string field
for geometries.

One item to note is that the spatial data is stored in sql servers geometry type field. Only
through the DIH query do I return WKT, maybe that's the issue.
From: david.w.smiley@gmail.com [david.w.smiley@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 2:03 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Indexing and Querying MS SQL Server 2012 Spatial

Putting JTS where you put it is fine temporarily but I strongly
recommend against any jar being placed there at all; ideally it should
be associated with the Solr installation; not with java itself.

Some kinda of errors must be happening but you’re not seeing them.  I
presume you’ve configured the DIH since you’re telling me your hitting
its button in the UI.  The DIH has a debug mode; it’s been a while
since I used the DIH last but I remember that feature being really
useful.

For the sake of troubleshooting, try putting the geometries (WKT) into
a “string” field, then you should see them.  If not then you’re
current problem is squarely with the import process/config, not with
Solr spatial.
~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Bostic, Alex <alex.bostic@urs.com> wrote:
> Ok thanks, I am even closer
>
> I put jts-1.13.jar here C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\ext
>
> And removed it from the cmd line when starting solr
>
> I no longer get the class not found issues.  I removed the jar from the above location
and got the error again, so I put it back to confirm I'm past the Not Found issue.

> My core appears to startup fine,
>
> I select my core in the browser manager and Execute a full-import with Clean and Commit
checked.  That appears to go well.  However, I still don't see my geom field as part of my

> I do ALSO have the jar in C:\AddSoftware\solr-4.9.0\ocsirasspatial\solr-webapp\webapp\WEB-INF\lib
>
> Any other hints are certainly welcome.  I think I'm close
>
> Alex Bostic
> GIS Developer
> URS Corporation
> 12420 Milestone Center Drive, Suite 150
> Germantown, MD 20876
> direct line: 301-820-3287

the java classpath.  I haven’t tried to do it using the way you’re doing it.  Note that
the “lib” directories Solr manages won’t work for some jar’s like this one.  I forget
but I think putting it in examples/lib works.  Unpacking the WAR and putting it in WEB-INF/lib
definitely works.
> ~ David Smiley
> Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Bostic, Alex <alex.bostic@urs.com> wrote:
>> Ok, I was missing
>> spatialContextFactory="com.spatial4j.core.context.jts.JtsSpatialContextFactory"
>>

>> Now I am getting
>>
>> Error loading core:java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> com/vividsolutions/jts/geom/CoordinateSequenceFactory
>>
>> Any help resolving my path issues would be great
>>
>> Alex Bostic
>> GIS Developer
>> URS Corporation
>> 12420 Milestone Center Drive, Suite 150 Germantown, MD 20876 direct

wta.GEOM.STAsText(), wta.OBJECTID
>>   FROM dbo.WorkTypes wt Inner Join dbo.WorkTypeAreas wta ON wt.Id = wta.WorkTypeId">
>>       <field column="Id" name="id" />
>>       <field column="ChildId" name="childid" />
>>       <field column="WorkTypeTypeId" name="worktypetypeid" />
>>       <field column="Name" name="name" />
>>       <field column="CreatedDate" name="createddate" />
>>           <field column="ModifiedDate" name="modifieddate" />
>>           <field column="UserId" name="userid" />
>>           <field column="Year" name="year" />
>>           <field column="GEOM" name="geom" />
>>           <field column="OBJECTID" name="objectid" />
>>     </entity>
>>
>> OBJECTID shows up fine in my updated index, gut GEOM does not.  The
>> index was successful and I don't see any errors in the console or the
>> log (from the web)
>>
>> I am starting solr like so:
>> java -Dsolr.solr.home=c:\AddedSoftware\solr-4.90\ocsirasspatial\solr
>> -Djetty.class.path=c:\AddedSoftware\solr-4.9.0\jts-1.13\lib -jar
>> start.jar
>>
>> Based on the above, what am I missing to get this to work.  Maybe I am overlooking
an issue in the console?

>> Thanks
>>

>> Alex Bostic
>> GIS Developer
>> URS Corporation
>> 12420 Milestone Center Drive, Suite 150 Germantown, MD 20876 direct

DIH but in this live website ( http://cascaismap.com ) we had a GE Smallworld as the GIS system
so it was easier just to build a sync engine that periodically queries differences from the
GIS and push them into solr via xml document. This project has already couple of years now
so a lot would be different now.

>> In that website, solr provides, obviously, all the text search on the top and also
70% of the themes available on the treeview on the left (expand in the red button) that are
result of a bounding box query to geometry index in solr.
>> Something like this : (...)q=bounds:Intersects(-9.463118366688718
>> 38.67913579372146 -9.370549969166746 38.7109390712568)(...)
>>
>> After this, we actually provided for a different project, a similar sync mechanism
but between in-house solr instances and google maps engine datastore in the cloud and it works
like a charm.

>> Guilherme Pires
>> Geospatial Intelligence @ CGI
>> guilherme.pires@cgi.com

at the Lucene-spatial layer but not up at Solr.  You need to use WKT syntax for line's and
polys, and you may do so as well for other shapes.  And in the schema use location_rpt copied
from Solr's example schema for starters, but modified as the ref guide & wiki show to
use JTS.
>>  The ref guide, wiki, and I would guess that book should show how to to a bounding
box query using {!bbox} - it's pretty simple.