lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monit cannot connect to Solr/Jetty instance
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2014 23:38:56 GMT
/admin/ping was designed for just this purpose.

	Erik

On Aug 17, 2014, at 6:52 PM, Matt Coneybeare <matt@coneybeare.me> wrote:

> Hi Solr Experts,
>
> I have been having an issue with monit connecting to a jetty/solr instance. To save space
and bytes, I will link to my Server Fault question instead of duplicating the content here.
Please help!

> http://serverfault.com/questions/620728/monit-cannot-connect-to-solr-jetty-instance
>
> I believe the problem lies in that the new(er) sold web-interface uses a ton of Javascript
and other redirects, something maybe the basic monit http checker can’t handle. Is there
a better path I can have monit check to ensure the service is still up and responsive?