lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Corey Gerhardt <Corey.Gerha...@directwest.com>
Subject RE: Spell field type suggestion for business names
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:59:37 GMT
It seems that my problem was the spell field type configuration.

I switched it to a keyword tokenizer and now things appear to be working so far.

<fieldType class="solr.TextField" name="textSpell" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

-----Original Message-----
From: Corey Gerhardt [mailto:Corey.Gerhardt@directwest.com]
Sent: August-21-14 11:54 AM
To: Solr User List
Subject: Spell field type suggestion for business names

Solr 4.8.1

I'm using the DirectSolrSpellChecker class with  <str name="field">spell</str>.
  <int name="minPrefix">1</int>
  <float name="thresholdTokenFrequency">1</float>

The field type definition for the field "spell" is <fieldType class="solr.TextField" name="textSpell2"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
        <filter class="solr.StandardFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

I'm not sure if it's my field type definition used with the field named "spell" or something
else.

I'm trying/hoping it's possible to get a collation value for "A & W Restaurant" when searched
with "A & W Restaurent".

I get a suggestion for Restaurent but no collation value.

Thanks,

Corey