lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From SWP <stw...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr/Tomcat (embedded) Replication
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:56:44 GMT
Hello,

Trying to get replication working with embedded Solr (4.4.0) running in a
Tomcat6 container with the below master & slave configuration ->

Master (solrconfig.xml):

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
   <lst name="master">
    <str name="enable">true</str>
    <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
    <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
    </lst>
 </requestHandler>

Slave (solrconfig.xml):

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
  <lst name="slave">
    <str name="enable">${enable.slave:true}</str>
    <str name="masterUrl">http://$search_master:8181/$core_name</str>
    <str name="pollInterval">00:00:60</str>
  </lst>
</requestHandler>

We've tried various solr auto-commit & soft auto-commit configuration
combinations on the master in addition to application layer commits to force
replication but none of our changes have been successful.  Current
autoCommit config (solrconfig.xml):

<autoCommit>
  <maxDocs>${solr.autoCommit.maxDocs:1}</maxDocs>
  <maxTime>${solr.autoCommit.maxTime:1000}</maxTime>
  <openSearcher>true</openSearcher>
</autoCommit>

We've read that replication with embedded Solr is not possible without HTTP
but by using Tomcat as a Solr container, we're assuming this shouldn't be a
problem.  Is this assumption accurate?  Is there a problem with our
configuration?

Thanks.