lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)" <external.Ravi.Tamin...@us.bosch.com>
Subject RE: text search problem
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:12:35 GMT

Thanks for the reply Erick, I will try as you suggested. There I have  another question related
to this lines.

When I have "-" in my description , name then the search results are different. For e.g.

"ABC-123" , it look sofr ABC or 123, I want to treat this search as exact match, i.e if my
document has ABC-123 then I should get the results.

When I check with &hl-on, it has <em>ABC<em> and get the results. How can
I avoid this situation.

Thanks

Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 4:40 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: text search problem

Try adding &debug=all to the query and see what the parsed form of the query is, likely
you're
1> using phrase queries, so "broadway hotel" requires both words in the
1> text
or
2> if you're not using phrases, you're searching for the AND of the two
terms.

But debug=all will show you.

Plus, take a look at the admin/analysis page, your tokenization may not be what you expect.

Best,
Erick