lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steve McKay <st...@b.abbies.us>
Subject Re: Any Solr consultants available??
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:07:41 GMT
Perhaps the requirement means a total of 10 years of experience spread across Solr, HTML, XML,
Java, Tomcat, JBoss, and MySQL. This doesn't seem likely, but it is satisfiable, so if we
proceed on the assumption that a job posting doesn't contain unsatisfiable requirements then
it's more reasonable than a naive interpretation.

There exists the possibility of a satisfiable interpretation which is more intuitively appealing,
and IMO this warrants further investigation.

> On Jul 23, 2014, at 3:57 PM, Tri Cao <tmcao@me.com> wrote:
>
> Well, it's kind of hard to find a person if the requirement is "10 years' experience
with Solr" given that Solr was created in 2004.

>> On Jul 23, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Jack Krupansky <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:
>>

>> I occasionally get pinged by recruiters looking for Solr application developers...
here’s the latest. If you are interested, either contact Jessica directly or reply to me
and I’ll forward your reply.

>> Even if you don’t strictly meet all the requirements... they are having trouble
finding... anyone. All the great Solr guys I know are quite busy.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> -- Jack Krupansky

to make accessing information easier for the franchisees. This is the first phase of the project
which will take a few years. They want a hands on Solr consultant who has ideally worked in
the search space. As you can imagine the company culture is great, everyone is really friendly
and there is also an option to become permanent. They are looking for:

>> - 10+ years’ experience with Solr (Apache Lucene), HTML, XML, Java, Tomcat, JBoss,
MySQL

>> - 5+ years’ experience implementing Solr builds of indexes, shards, and refined
searches across semi-structured data sets to include architectural scaling

>> - Experience in developing a re-usable framework to support web site search; implement
rich web site search, including the incorporation of metadata.