lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Vinay B," <vybe3...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I get faceting to work with Solr JOINs
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 22:41:33 GMT
Some Background info :
In our application, we have a requirement to update large number of records
often.  I investigated solr child documents but it requires updating both
the child and the parent document . Therefore, I'm investigating adding
frequently updated information in an "auxillary document" with a custom
defined "parent-id" field that can be used to join with the static "parent
document". - basically rolling my own child document functionality.

This approach has satisfied all my requirements, except one. How can I
facet upon a field present in the auxillary document?

First, here's a gist dump of my test core index (4 docs + 4 aux docs)
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/2774b54e667778c71492

Next, here's a simple facet query only on the aux . While this works, it
only returns auxillary documents
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/a58b87576b895e467c68

Finally, I tweak the query using a SOLR join (
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/Join ) to return the main documents (which it
does), but the faceting returns no results. This is what I'm hoping someone
on this list can answer .
Here is the gist of that query
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f3a287ab726f35b142cf

Any answers, suggestions ?