lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yavar Husain <yavarhus...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr Cassandra MySQL Best Practice Indexing
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:37:46 GMT
So my full text data lies on Cassandra along with an ID. Now I have a lot
of structured data linked to the ID which lies on an RDBMS (read MySQL). I
need this structured data as it would help me with my faceting and other
needs. What is the best practice in going about indexing in this scenario.
My thoughts (maybe weird):

1. Read the data from Cassandra, for each ID read, read the corresponding
row from MySQL for that ID, form an XML on the fly (for each ID) and send
it to Solr for Indexing without storing anything.
2. I do not have much idea on Solandra. However even if I use it I will
have to go to MySQL for fetching the structured data.
3. Duplicate the data and either get all of Cassandra to MySQL or vice
versa but then data duplication would happen.

I will think about incremental indexing for the new records later.

Bit confused. Any help would be appreciated.