lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Cool Techi <cooltec...@outlook.com>
Subject SolrCloud Issues
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:57:46 GMT
Hi,
We have moved to SolrCloud (version 4.8) and are facing several issues in this setup compared
to the master/slave setup we have had for a while now,
1) We have a 2 shard set-up with one replica each, we notice that most of the time the replica's
are in recovering status. What could be causing this?
2) In-consistant results count, especially when one of the nodes is recovering, I have asked
another question earlier on this. To our understanding the recovering node, doesn't returns
any results, what else can cause this?
3) Solr node goes down very frequently, there is no OOM or otherwise in the logs, but a node
keeps going down. Also, at times we have noticed that tomcat stops responding. Since there
are so many parts to solr cloud, checking what's causing the issue is difficult in a quick
time, so if anyone else has faced this, it would be very helpful.

Since this is happening on our UAT environment, we need to get a fix soon.
Regards,Ayush