lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Index size increase after upgrade to 4.9?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:00:29 GMT
On 7/30/2014 9:16 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 7/30/2014 9:10 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
>> I assume you've optimized? Or otherwise insured that there aren't
>> any deleted docs....
> It's all straight indexing with DIH from MySQL, so there really are no
> deleted docs, but about an hour after the rebuild finished, one of the
> shards did get optimized by my SolrJ code.  The size is still 28GB.

It may turn out that this is actually a bug in merging, where old
segments are not getting deleted.  I noticed in the optimized index that
there is a single large segment of about 20GB and a bunch of other
segments that are all older than the single large segment.  I'm manually
optimizing that index again to see what happens.  I'll probably need do
the rebuild again with infoStream enabled.

Thanks,
Shawn