lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:27:49 GMT
Yesterday I upgraded my dev server to Solr 4.9, and also upgraded a
third-party plugin to a new version that's compatible with Solr 4.9.

After the index was rebuilt, each shard was 28GB ... but before the
upgrade, each shard was only 20GB.  The number of documents per shard
(16.4 million) actually went *down* a little bit, and the config/schema
hasn't changed.

Could this be explained by the new Solr version?  I've also asked the
third-party plugin company about this problem.

Thanks,
Shawn