lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: To warm the whole cache of Solr other than the only autowarmcount
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:45:18 GMT
On 7/24/2014 8:45 PM, YouPeng Yang wrote:
> To Matt
>
>   Thank you,your opinion is very valuable ,So I have checked the source
> codes about how the cache warming  up. It seems to just put items of the
> old caches into the new caches.
>   I will pull Mark Miller into this discussion.He is the one of the
> developer of the Solr whom  I had  contacted with.
>
>  To Mark Miller
>
>    Would you please check out what we are discussing in the last two
> posts.I need your help.

Matt is completely right.  Any commit can drastically change the Lucene
document id numbers.  It would be too expensive to determine which
numbers haven't changed.  That means Solr must throw away all cache
information on commit.

Two of Solr's caches support autowarming.  Those caches use queries as
keys and results as values.  Autowarming works by re-executing the top N
queries (keys) in the old cache to obtain fresh Lucene document id
numbers (values).  The cache code does take *keys* from the old cache
for the new cache, but not *values*.  I'm very sure about this, as I
wrote the current (and not terribly good) LFUCache.

Thanks,
Shawn