lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Slow QTimes - 5 seconds for Small sized Collections
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 03:59:24 GMT
On 7/2/2014 11:55 AM, IJ wrote:
> Here is a short wishlist based on the experience in debugging this issue:
> 1. Wish SolrQueryResponse could contain a list of node names / shard-replica
> names  that a request passed through for processing the query (when debug is
> turned ON)
> 2. Wish SolrQueryResponse could provide a breakup of QTime on each of the
> individual nodes / shard-replicas - instead of returning a single value of
> QTime

If you have a new enough Solr version, you can include a shards.info
parameter set to true, and you will get some information from the
communication with each shard.  I set this parameter to true in my
request handler defaults.

I have seen some per-shard info in the debug as well, but I do not know
whether this is influenced by shards.info.

It looks like this parameter was added in version 4.0.  It probably has
been enhanced in later releases.  Naturally I would recommend that you
run the latest release.

Thanks,
Shawn