lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)" <external.Ravi.Tamin...@us.bosch.com>
Subject text search problem
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:00:16 GMT
Hi,  Below is the text_general field type when I search Text:Boradway  it is not returning
all the records, it returning only few records. But when I search for Text:*Broadway*, it
is getting more records. When I get into multiple words ln search like "Broadway Hotel", it
may not get "Broadway" , "Hotel"  &  "Broadway Hotel". DO you have any thought how to
handle these type of keyword search.

Text:"Broadway,Vehicle Detailing,Water Systems,Vehicle Detailing,Car Wash Water Recovery"

My Field type look like this.

<fieldType name="text_general" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
         <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory" />
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="stopwords.txt"
/>
              <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>
              <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="0" generateNumberParts="0"
splitOnCaseChange="0" splitOnNumerics="0" stemEnglishPossessive="0" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1"
catenateAll="1" preserveOriginal="0"/>

              <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true"
expand="false"/>
        -->

      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
         <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory" />
              <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="stopwords.txt"
/>
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true"
expand="true"/>
              <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="0" generateNumberParts="0"
splitOnCaseChange="0" splitOnNumerics="0" stemEnglishPossessive="0" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1"
catenateAll="1" preserveOriginal="0"/>

         </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

Do you have any thought the behavior or how to get this?

Thanks

Ravi