lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Any Solr consultants available??
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:06:24 GMT
When I see job postings like this, I have to assume they were written by people who really
don’t understand the problem and have never met people with the various skills they are
asking for. They are not going to find one person who does all this.

This is an opening for zebra unicorn that walks on water. At best, they’ll get a one-horned
goat with painted stripes on a life raft. They need to talk to some people, make multiple
realistic openings, and expect to grow some of their own expertise.

I got an email like this from Goldman Sachs this morning.

“... a Senior Application Architect/Developer and DevOps Engineer for a major company initiative.
In addition to an effort to build a new cloud infrastructure from the ground up, they are
beginning a number of company projects in the areas of cloud-based open source search, Machine
Learning/AI, Big Data, Predictive Analytics & Low-Latency Trading Algorithm Development.”

Good luck, fellas.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org
http://observer.wunderwood.org/

On Jul 23, 2014, at 1:01 PM, Jack Krupansky <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I saw that, which is why I suggested not being too picky about specific requirements.
If you have at least two or three years of solid Solr experience, that would make you at least
worth looking at.

> -- Jack Krupansky

with Solr" given that Solr was created in 2004.

> On Jul 23, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Jack Krupansky <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:
>

>  I occasionally get pinged by recruiters looking for Solr application developers... here’s
the latest. If you are interested, either contact Jessica directly or reply to me and I’ll
forward your reply.

>  Even if you don’t strictly meet all the requirements... they are having trouble finding...
anyone. All the great Solr guys I know are quite busy.

>  Thanks.
>
>  -- Jack Krupansky

make accessing information easier for the franchisees. This is the first phase of the project
which will take a few years. They want a hands on Solr consultant who has ideally worked in
the search space. As you can imagine the company culture is great, everyone is really friendly
and there is also an option to become permanent. They are looking for:

>  - 10+ years’ experience with Solr (Apache Lucene), HTML, XML, Java, Tomcat, JBoss,
MySQL

>  - 5+ years’ experience implementing Solr builds of indexes, shards, and refined searches
across semi-structured data sets to include architectural scaling

>  - Experience in developing a re-usable framework to support web site search; implement
rich web site search, including the incorporation of metadata.