lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Liram Vardi <lir...@checkpoint.com>
Subject Identify specific document insert error inside a solrj batch request
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:25:04 GMT
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the use of HttpSolrServer (SolrJ).
I have a collection of SolrInputDocuments I want to send to Solr as a batch.
Now, let's assume that one of the docs inside this collection is corrupted (missing some "required"
field).
When I send the batch of docs to solr using HttpSolrServer.add(Collection< SolrInputDocument>
docs) I am getting the following general exception:

"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Server at http://172.23.3.91:8210/solr/template returned non ok status:500, message:Server
Error"

When I check Solr log, I can identify exactly which is the corrupted document.

My question:
Is it possible to identify the problematic document at the client side? (for recovery purposes)

Thanks,
Liram