lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: multilingual search
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 16:49:02 GMT
> 1. Modify the qf parameter directly by either adding the "_xx" language suffix to each
field in qf, or replacing the "xx" for any qf fields that already have an "_xx" suffix.
> 2. Have separate "qf_xx" parameters which are customized for specific languages and then
copy the language-specific "qf_xx" parameter to the main qf parameter based on the language
that is detected.

The mix I make there is a little more subtle.
For this I need to remove the earlier query component and call it wrapped around.
Anything that is not with a named field will have that multilingual expansion.
To do this: I call the query parser with a wild default field, then perform the expansion
on the expanded query for any term query that has the wild field, these become a disjunction
of the languages detected of interest, each analyzed for their language.

This is also a solution to perform exact/stemmed/phonetic fields, and, for example, prefer
a match in the title to a match in the body.
This assumes, of course, that these fields exist in each language (and that metaphone works,
say, for German, for which no evidence exists yet).

paul