lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From gorjida <...@sciencescape.net>
Subject Re: Solr gives the same fieldnorm for two different-size fields
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 17:26:28 GMT
Thanks so much for your reply... In my case, it really matters because I am
going to find the correct institution match for an affiliation string... For
example, if an author belongs to the "university of Toronto", his/her
affiliation should be normalized against the solr... In this case,
"University of California Berkley Research" is a different place to
"university of california berkeley"... I see top-matches are tied in the
score for this specific example... I can break the tie using other
techniques... However, I am keen to see if this is a common problem in solr?

Regards,

Ali