lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Edwards, Joshua" <Joshua.Edwa...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: Solr Wiki ContributorsGroup request
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:54:24 GMT
Thanks, Steve -

One of the specific pages that I've been looking at is the page on compiling Solr: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToCompileSolr
.  I haven't seen a corresponding page in Confluence.  Could you help me understand the relationship
between the wiki and the Confluence documentation?

Thanks,
Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Rowe [mailto:sarowe@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:58 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr Wiki ContributorsGroup request

Hi Josh,

I've added you to the Solr ContributorsGroup page.

Note that the Solr Reference Guide[1] is now Solr's official documentation, and that stale
documentation you find in the wiki may have already been fixed there.  I encourage you to
comment on Solr Reference Guide pages where you find problems - Solr committers will review
your comments (which are automatically sent to the dev list) and incorporate changes into
the content.

Steve

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Apache+Solr+Reference+Guide

On Jul 29, 2014, at 11:50 AM, Edwards, Joshua <Joshua.Edwards@capitalone.com> wrote:

> Hello -
>
> My name is Josh Edwards, and I am starting to get spun up on Solr, as we are investigating
using it at our organization.  As I work my way through the wiki, I would like the ability
to update the documentation as I find typos and things that are out of date.  Would it be
possible for me to be added to the Contributors Group?  My wiki name is JoshuaEdwards .

> Thanks!
> Josh Edwards
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital
One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by
the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from your computer.