lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tirthankar Chatterjee <tchatter...@commvault.com>
Subject Re: schema / config file names
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 04:00:40 GMT
Chris,
We have actually done that. Our requirement was basically have a single installation of Solr
to assume different roles and each role had its own changes for optimisation done on solrconfig.xml
and schema.xml

When we start a role we basically adapt to file role_solrconfig.xml and role_schema.xml and
then fire up cores for each of these role. Is there a better way to solve this issue?

Thanks
Tirthankar

> On 02-Jul-2014, at 10:22 pm, "Chris Hostetter" <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
>

> : Is it required for the schema.xml and solrconfig.xml to have those exact
> : filenames?
>
> It's an extremelely good idea ... but strictly speaking no...
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/CoreAdminHandler+Parameters+and+Usage#CoreAdminHandlerParametersandUsage-CREATE
>
> This smells like an XY Problem though ... please explain *why* you care
> what these file names are, and why you want them to be different?
>
> https://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
> XY Problem
>
> Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
> with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
> without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
> full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
> See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341
>

> -Hoss
> http://www.lucidworks.com/

"This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by mistake,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."