lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: How much free disk space will I need to optimize my index
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 18:21:28 GMT

-----Original message-----

I can do so?  My understanding is, I need 1X free disk space of my current index un-optimized
index size before I can optimize it.  Is this true?

Yes, 20 GB of FREE space to force merge an existing 20 GB index.

> That is, let say my index is 20 GB (un-optimized) then I must have 20 GB of free disk
space to make sure the optimization is successful.  The reason for this is because during
optimization the index is re-written (is this the case?) and if it is already optimized, the
re-write will create a new 20 GB index before it deletes the old one (is this true?), thus
why there must be at least 20 GB free disk space.