lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joel Bernstein <joels...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CollapsingQParserPlugin throws Exception when useFilterForSortedQuery=true
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2014 13:38:24 GMT
OK, I see the problem. When you use <useFilterForSortedQuery> true
</useFilterForSortedQuery> Solr builds a docSet in a way that seems to be
incompatible with the CollapsingQParserPlugin. With <useFilterForSortedQuery>
true </useFilterForSortedQuery>, Solr doesn't run the main query again when
collecting the DocSet. The getDocSetScore() method is expecting the main
query to present, because the CollapsingQParserPlugin may need the scores
generated from the main query, to select the group head.

I think trying to make <useFilterForSortedQuery> true
</useFilterForSortedQuery> compatible with CollapsingQParsePlugin is
probably not possible. So, a nice error message would be a good thing.

Joel Bernstein
Search Engineer at Heliosearch


On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:31 AM, Umesh Prasad <umesh.iitk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>     Found another bug with CollapsignQParserPlugin. Not a critical one.
>
> It throws an exception when used with
>
> <useFilterForSortedQuery> true </useFilterForSortedQuery>
>
> Patch attached (against 4.8.1 but reproducible in other branches also)
>
>
> 518 T11 C0 oasc.SolrCore.execute [collection1] webapp=null path=null
> params={q=*%3A*&fq=%7B%21collapse+field%3Dgroup_s%7D&defType=edismax&bf=field%28test_ti%29}
> hits=2 status=0 QTime=99
> 4557 T11 C0 oasc.SolrCore.execute [collection1] webapp=null path=null
> params={q=*%3A*&fq=%7B%21collapse+field%3Dgroup_s+nullPolicy%3Dexpand+min%3Dtest_tf%7D&defType=edismax&bf=field%28test_ti%29&sort=}
> hits=4 status=0 QTime=15
> 4587 T11 C0 oasc.SolrException.log ERROR
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Query  does not implement
> createWeight
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.Query.createWeight(Query.java:80)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.createNormalizedWeight(IndexSearcher.java:684)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:297)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocSetScore(SolrIndexSearcher.java:879)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocSet(SolrIndexSearcher.java:902)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:1381)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.search(SolrIndexSearcher.java:478)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process(QueryComponent.java:461)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:218)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:135)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1952)
>         at org.apache.solr.util.TestHarness.query(TestHarness.java:295)
>         at org.apache.solr.util.TestHarness.query(TestHarness.java:278)
>         at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.assertQ(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:676)
>         at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.assertQ(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:669)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.TestCollapseQParserPlugin.testCollapseQueries(TestCollapseQParserPlugin.java:106)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.invoke(RandomizedRunner.java:1618)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$6.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:827)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$7.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:863)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$8.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:877)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleSetupTeardownChained$1.evaluate(TestRuleSetupTeardownChained.java:50)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleFieldCacheSanity$1.evaluate(TestRuleFieldCacheSanity.java:51)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.AbstractBeforeAfterRule$1.evaluate(AbstractBeforeAfterRule.java:46)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:55)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleThreadAndTestName$1.evaluate(TestRuleThreadAndTestName.java:49)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures.java:65)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:48)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:360)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl.forkTimeoutingTask(ThreadLeakControl.java:793)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$3.evaluate(ThreadLeakControl.java:453)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.runSingleTest(RandomizedRunner.java:836)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$3.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:738)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$4.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:772)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$5.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:783)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.AbstractBeforeAfterRule$1.evaluate(AbstractBeforeAfterRule.java:46)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleStoreClassName$1.evaluate(TestRuleStoreClassName.java:42)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:55)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule$1.evaluate(NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule.java:39)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule$1.evaluate(NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule.java:39)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleAssertionsRequired$1.evaluate(TestRuleAssertionsRequired.java:43)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:48)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures.java:65)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites.java:55)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:360)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>
> 4588 T11 C0 oasc.SolrCore.execute [collection1] webapp=null path=null
> params={q=*%3A*&fq=%7B%21collapse+field%3Dgroup_s+nullPolicy%3Dcollapse+min%3Dfield%28test_ti%29%7D&sort=test_ti+desc}
> status=500 QTime=22
> 4591 T11 oasc.SolrException.log ERROR REQUEST FAILED:
> q=*%3A*&fq=%7B%21collapse+field%3Dgroup_s+nullPolicy%3Dcollapse+min%3Dfield%28test_ti%29%7D&sort=test_ti+desc:java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
> Query  does not implement createWeight
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.Query.createWeight(Query.java:80)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.createNormalizedWeight(IndexSearcher.java:684)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:297)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocSetScore(SolrIndexSearcher.java:879)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocSet(SolrIndexSearcher.java:902)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:1381)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.search(SolrIndexSearcher.java:478)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process(QueryComponent.java:461)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:218)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:135)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1952)
>         at org.apache.solr.util.TestHarness.query(TestHarness.java:295)
>         at org.apache.solr.util.TestHarness.query(TestHarness.java:278)
>         at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.assertQ(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:676)
>         at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.assertQ(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:669)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.search.TestCollapseQParserPlugin.testCollapseQueries(TestCollapseQParserPlugin.java:106)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.invoke(RandomizedRunner.java:1618)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$6.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:827)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$7.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:863)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$8.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:877)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleSetupTeardownChained$1.evaluate(TestRuleSetupTeardownChained.java:50)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleFieldCacheSanity$1.evaluate(TestRuleFieldCacheSanity.java:51)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.AbstractBeforeAfterRule$1.evaluate(AbstractBeforeAfterRule.java:46)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:55)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleThreadAndTestName$1.evaluate(TestRuleThreadAndTestName.java:49)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures.java:65)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:48)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:360)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl.forkTimeoutingTask(ThreadLeakControl.java:793)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$3.evaluate(ThreadLeakControl.java:453)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.runSingleTest(RandomizedRunner.java:836)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$3.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:738)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$4.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:772)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$5.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:783)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.AbstractBeforeAfterRule$1.evaluate(AbstractBeforeAfterRule.java:46)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleStoreClassName$1.evaluate(TestRuleStoreClassName.java:42)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:55)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule$1.evaluate(NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule.java:39)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule$1.evaluate(NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule.java:39)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleAssertionsRequired$1.evaluate(TestRuleAssertionsRequired.java:43)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:48)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures.java:65)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites.java:55)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at
> com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:360)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>
>
>
>
> ---
> Thanks & Regards
> Umesh Prasad
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message