lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Heliosearch 0.06 released, native code faceting
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 14:42:38 GMT
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Yago Riveiro <yago.riveiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yonik,
>
> This native code uses in any way the docValues?

Nope... not yet.  It is something I think we should look into in the
future though.

> In the past I was forced to indexed a big portion of my data with docValues enable. OOP
problems with large terms dictionaries and GC was my main problem.

> Other good optimization can be do facet aggregations offsite the heap to minimize the
GC,

Yeah, the single-valued string faceting in Heliosearch currently does
this (the "counts" array is also off-heap).

> To ensure that facet aggregations has enough ram we need a large heap, in machines with
a lot of ram maybe if this aggregation was made offsite this allow us reduce the heap size.

Yeah, it's nice not having to worry so much about the correct heap size too.

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.org - native code faceting, facet functions,
sub-facets, off-heap data