lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Wiens <benjamin.wi...@gmail.com>
Subject Calculating filterCache size
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:00:04 GMT
Hi,
I'm looking for a formula to calculate filterCache size in the RAM.

The best estimation I can find is here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20999904/solr-filter-cache-fastlrucache-takes-too-much-memory-and-results-in-out-of-mem

An index of 1.000.000 would thus take 12,5 GB in the RAM with this formula:

100.000.000.000 bit / 8 (to byte) / 1000 (to kb) / 1000 (to mb) / 1000 (to
gb) = 12,5 GB

Can anyone confirm this formula? I am aware that if the result of the
filter query is low, it can just create something else which take up less
memory.

I know I can just start with a low filterCache size and kick it up in my
environment, but I'd like to come up with a scientific formula.

Thanks,
Ben