lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: Slow QTimes - 5 seconds for Small sized Collections
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 08:42:23 GMT
On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 10:07 +0200, RadhaJayalakshmi wrote:
> Here is one specific instance:
>                 Value of QTime in SolrQueryResponse object is 5023 ms as
> seen by the Client App
>                 Value of QTime printed in Solr.log - 6ms

That does indicate, as you suggest, that network and/or tomcat is the
problem, not Solr itself.

> Appreciate additional inputs on this subject.

Dmitry, Erick and I essentially asked you the same question:
Is there any pattern to the delays?

* Do they occur at specific times (e.g. each whole hour)?
* Do they occur under heavy network load?
* Do they occur after specific queries?

- Toke Eskildsen, Satte and University Library