lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From yann <yannick.lallem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr alternates returning different versions of the same document
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 07:42:05 GMT
Hi Erik,

thanks for your answer. I didn't manually assign docs to shards, I indexed
all docs on one server, which then assigned it to shards (based on the
default Solr behaviour, based on the document ID I believe).

If I understood you correctly - this means the update section of the admin
should be avoided when using a sharded install, because it doesn't guarantee
a given document ID will be sent to the same shard as the previous version
of the same document?

Thanks

Yann