lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>
Subject Multiterm analysis in complexphrase query
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2014 15:09:12 GMT
I've been using a modified version of the complex phrase query parser patch from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1604
in Solr 3.6, and I'm currently upgrading to 4.9, which has this built-in.

I'm having trouble with using accents in wildcard queries, support for which was added in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2438. In 3.6, I was using a modified version of
SolrQueryParser, which simply used ComplexPhraseQueryParser in place of QueryParser. In the
version of ComplexPhraseQParserPlugin in 4.9, it just directly uses ComplexPhraseQueryParser,
and doesn't go through SolrQueryParser at all. SolrQueryParserBase.analyzeIfMultitermTermText()
is where the multiterm analysis magic happens.

So, my problem is that ComplexPhraseQParserPlugin/ComplexPhraseQueryParser doesn't use SolrQueryParserBase,
which breaks doing fun things like this:
{!complexPhrase}"barac* óba*a"
And expecting it to match "Barack Obama".

Anyone run into this before, or have a way to get this working?

-Michael