lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: SolrCloud Nodes autoSoftCommit and (temporary) missing documents
Date Sun, 25 May 2014 17:56:31 GMT
Hi folks,

I think that the timestamp should be rounded down to a minute (or whatever) to avoid trashing
the filter query cache

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

On 25 May 2014, at 18:19, Steve McKay <steve@b.abbies.us> wrote:

> Solr can add the filter for you:
>
> <requestHandler ...>
>    <lst name="appends">
>        <str name="fq">timestamp:[* TO NOW-30SECOND]</str>
>    </lst>
> </requestHandler>
>
> Increasing soft commit frequency isn't a bad idea, though. I'd probably do both. :)
>
> On May 23, 2014, at 6:51 PM, Michael Tracey <mtracey@biblio.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I've got a number of nodes (Solr 4.4 Cloud) that I'm balancing with HaProxy for queries.
 I'm indexing pretty much constantly, and have autoCommit and autoSoftCommit on for Near Realtime
Searching.  All works nicely, except that occasionally the auto-commit cycles are far enough
off that one node will return a document that another node doesn't.  I don't want to have
to add something like this: timestamp:[* TO NOW-30MINUTE] to every query to make sure that
all the nodes have the record.  Ideas? autoSoftCommit more often?