lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Search in Solr with different queries per shard
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 15:13:22 GMT
I suppose you could, but I _really_ question whether it's a wise
investment in time. Personally I'd treat them as two different
collections and have the app layer fire off two queries and do the
aggregation (this is a variant of "federated search" I think). This
removes your issue with having the cores "do extra work"....

Additionally, I'd really prove out that the "extra work" is actually a
measurable performance issue before worrying about this, it smells
like premature optimization.

FWIW,
Erick

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 6:56 AM, Avner Levy <avner@checkpoint.com> wrote:
> I have 2 cores.
> One with active data and one with historical data (for documents which were removed from
the active one).
> I want to run Distributed Search on both and get the unified result (as supported by
Solr Distributed Search, I'm not using Solr Cloud).