lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From YouPeng Yang <yypvsxf19870...@gmail.com>
Subject commit on a spec shard with SolrCloud
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 03:42:25 GMT
Hi
  Doing DIH to one of shards in my SolrCloud Colleciton.I notice that every
time do ing commit in the shard,all the other shards do commit too.
  I have check the source code DistributedUpdateProcessor.processCommit ,it
said
that processCommit would extend to all the shard in the collection.
  What I want to achieve is to do dih ,commit,update(including delete) in
respective shard.
  Refer to DistributedUpdateProcessor.java: To DIH ,I need add the
shards=myshard in the request .To the update,the _route_ or shard.keys will
be use to achieve this, By the way,I have file JIRA about to make the
action consist with the shards parameter instead of  _route_ or shard.keys when
doing update(including delete) .However ,to commit,there is no parameter
used to  impose commit  only on a spec shard.
  So, I am thinking to make some changes to
DistributedUpdateProcessor.processCommit to achieve only commit to a spec
shard.
  Is there any suggestions about  what I am thinking?  Or is there any side
effect along with the change?