lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Use XSD or DTD to make Solr schema?
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 02:08:27 GMT
Sorry, but you have to create the schema manually, but... you could possibly
get by with Solr schemaless mode to dynamically create the schema based on
the actual data values.

See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Schemaless+Mode

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: paulparsons
Sent: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:33 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Use XSD or DTD to make Solr schema?

I'm new to Solr, so forgive me if this is a silly question. Although I can
find some related information (in this list and elsewhere), I can't seem to
find a clear answer to my specific question:

If I have a DTD or XSD that describes the structure of a set of XML
documents that I have, is there some way to convert that into the schema.xml
that Solr requires? Or do I need to construct the schema from scratch
manually?

Thanks.