lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Query translation of User Fields
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 14:56:13 GMT
Hmmm... that doesn't sound like what I would have expected - I would have
thought that Solr would throw an exception on the "user" field, rather than
simply treat it as a text keyword. File a Jira. Either it's a bug or the doc
is not complete.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Liram Vardi
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:50 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Query translation of User Fields

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the functionality of Edismax parser and its
"User Field" feature.
We are running Solr 4.4 on our server.

For the query:
"q= id:b* user:"Anna Collins"&defType=edismax&uf=* -user&rows=0"
The parsed query (taken from query debug info) is:
+((id:b* (text:user) (text:"anna collins"))~1)

I expect that because "user" was filter out in "uf" (User fields), the
parsed query should not contain the "user" search part.
In another words, the parsed query should look simply like this:  +id:b*
What is the right behavior?

Thanks,
Liram