lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From johnmu...@aol.com
Subject Using fq as OR
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 15:26:34 GMT
Hi,

Currently, I'm building my search as follows:

    q=(search string ...) AND (type:type_a OR type:type_b OR type:type_c OR ...)

Which means anything I search for will be AND'ed to be in either fields that have "type_a",
"type_b", "type_c", etc.  (I have defaultOperator set to "AND")

Now, I need to use "fq" so I'm not sure how to build my search string to get the same result!!

I have tried the following:

    q=search string ...&fq=type:type_a&fq=type:type_b&fq=type:type_c&...

But this isn't the same because each additional "fq" is now being treated as AND (keep in
mind, I have defaultOperator set to "AND" and I cannot change that).

I have tried the following:

    q=search string ...&fq=type:(type_a OR type_b OR type_c OR ...)

But the result I get back is not the same.

Thanks in advanced !!!

-- MJ