lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: is it possible for solr to calculate and give back the price of a product based on its sub-products
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 14:03:01 GMT
Are these really sub-products? It sounds like you have the same product from
multiple vendors and just want to return the lowest cost vendor, with no
actual calculation. Either way, there is no direct method for this
calculation/selection in Solr. Sure, you can always code a custom query
component and/or custom function query value source, but this sort of sounds
like an operation that you should be doing in your application layer rather
than in Solr itself.

You can certainly sort "ascending" by your price field, then the cheapest
vendor would be returned first.

In any case, please clarify your use case.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Gharbi Mohamed
Sent: Friday, May 9, 2014 3:29 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: is it possible for solr to calculate and give back the price of a
product based on its sub-products

Hi,

I am using Solr for searching magento products in my project,
I want to know, is it possible for solr to calculate and give back the price
of a product based on its sub-products(items);

For instance, i have a product P1 and it is the parent of items m1, m2.
i need to get the minimal price of items and return it as a price of product
P1.

I'm wondering if that is possible, can you help me ?
I need to know if solr can do that or if there is a feature or a way to do
it ?
And finally i thank you!

regards,
Mohamed.