lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Indexing DateField timezone problem
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 05:18:22 GMT
After years of building world-wide search services, I disagree.

The general rule is to do everything in Unicode and UTC and to convert at the edges of the
service. If you use local character sets or local time, you will pay for it.

wunder

On May 14, 2014, at 5:27 AM, "Jack Krupansky" <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:

> The general rule everywhere is that the default time zone is the local time zone of the
server processing the date. Could you verify whether your server is in fact set to be "+03:00".

> If your convention for your database is that the default time zone is GMT, then you will
have to manually add that to dates.