lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: Anybody uses Solr JMX?
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 06:32:41 GMT
> Thank you everybody for the links and explanations.
>
> I am still curious whether JMX exposes more details than the Admin UI?
> I am thinking of a troubleshooting context, rather than long-term
> monitoring one.

JMX is multi-purpose.
So, in principle, it can offer considerably more.
I've seen discussions about quite many JMX variables about the activity of the Garbage Collector
(e.g. young-generation, …) which I can't remember having seen in the Admin UI.

The advantage of JMX is the interface and what you can do with it.
For example plotting values is not there in the admin UI and it really can help to make a
difference into detecting, say, the cause of sudden bursts.

paul