lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Greg Walters <greg.walt...@answers.com>
Subject Re: Physical Files v. Reported Index Size
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 20:20:16 GMT
See which index directory is actually in use by catting the index.properties file, verify nothing
is using the others via lsof and you're safe to delete them.

Thanks,
Greg

On May 6, 2014, at 10:34 PM, Darrell Burgan <Darrell.Burgan@infor.com> wrote:

> Hello all, I’m trying to reconcile what I’m seeing in the file system for a Solr
index versus what it is reporting in the UI. Here’s what I see in the UI for the index:

> https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/pa-darrell/ui.png
>
> As shown, the index is 74.85 GB in size. However, here is what I see in the data folder
of the file system on that server:

> https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/pa-darrell/file-system.png
>
> As shown, it is consuming 109 GB of space. Also note that one of the index folders is
75 GB in size.

> My question is why the difference, and whether I can remove some of these index folders
to reclaim file system space? Or is there a Solr command to do it (is it as obvious as “Optimize”)?

> If there a manual I should RTFM about the file structure, please point me to it.  J
>
> Thanks!
> Darrell
>

> Darrell Burgan | Architect, Sr. Principal, PeopleAnswers
> office: 214 445 2172 | mobile: 214 564 4450 | fax: 972 692 5386 | darrell.burgan@infor.com
| http://www.infor.com
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may
be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein is prohibited.
 If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this
message and then delete this message in its entirety. Thank you for your cooperation.