lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "郑华斌" <huabin.zh...@qq.com>
Subject Re: How to reduce enumerating docs
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:27:16 GMT
Will the filter query execute before or after my custom search component?

In fact, I care about that, for example,if the following \docsEnum will contain 1M docs
for term \aterm without the flter query, will it be less than 1M in case that the filter query
is present?

        DocsEnum docsEnum = sub_reader.termDocsEnum(aterm);

From:  "Alexandre Rafalovitch";<arafalov@gmail.com>;
Send time: Tuesday, Apr 29, 2014 5:13 PM
To: "solr-user"<solr-user@lucene.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: How to reduce enumerating docs

Can't you just specify the length range as a filter query? If your
length type is tint/tlong, Solr already has optimized code that uses
multiple resolutions depth to efficiently filter through the numbers.

Regards,
   Alex.
Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:23 PM, 郑华斌 <huabin.zheng@qq.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

>     My doc has two fileds namely "length" and "fingerprint", which stand for the length
and text of the doc. I have a custom SearchComponent that enum all the docs according to the
term to search the fingerprint. That could be very slow because the number of docs is very
huge and the operation is time consume. Since I only care about the docs with the length within
a close range around that specified in the query, what's the right way to accelerate? Thanks

.