lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Shital" <Shital.Jo...@gs.com>
Subject solr4 performance question
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:28:31 GMT
Hi,

We have 10 node Solr Cloud (5 shards, 2 replicas) with 30 GB JVM on 60GB machine and 40 GB
of index.
We're constantly noticing that Solr queries take longer time while update (with commit=false
setting) is in progress. The query which usually takes .5 seconds, take up to 2 minutes while
updates are in progress. And this is not the case with all queries, it is very sporadic behavior.

Any pointer to nail this issue would be appreciated.

Is there a way to find how much of a query result came from cache? Can we enable any log settings
to start printing what came from cache vs. what was queried?

Thanks!